Contact Us

Thank you for taking in interest in my portfolio.

Name *
Name

393 Marietta Street Northwest
Atlanta, GA, 30313
United States

The Big Move

Lifestyle

The Big Move

Earl Adams

Over the last 90 days my husband and I have been hard at work selling our current townhome in Smyrna while simultaneously purchasing our forever home in Mableton. We started the process backwards which lead to some frustrations and added pressures. We found a home we liked in a good neighborhood down the street originally in Smyrna. We put in an accepted offer and had to immediately sell our home. We did have a Sale or Lease of Buyer’s Property Contingency  to protect us in the event was unsuccessful.

 

FRUSTRATIONS

  1. The continuous leaving our home for private showings really bothered my husband since he works from home.

  2. Making sure to have our home show ready at all times.

  3. The late or canceled appointments without notice by potential buyers and they’re agents.

  4. The Saturday and Sunday open houses with low attendance.

  5. The pressure of knowing if you don’t sell you can’t move!

 

At the end of September I listed our home competitively with the other 2 homes for sale in our community thinking it would sell quickly. During the 3 weeks I had the listing we had 11 private showings and 2 open houses that were somewhat of a let down. We did receive an offer from a couple of investors which was not acceptable. It was at this point we decided to re-list the house with another agent because the whole process was keeping me up at night and I was unable to remain objective. Know your limits! I reached out to my friend and colleague Ivan Savant with Berkshire Hathaway to take the burden off my shoulders so I could focus on the purchase. We changed the price, took new great photos, and had about 6 to 8 more private showings along with 2 more Sunday open houses. After about 2 more weeks we got an acceptable offer and were under contract. We were a week away from our deadline on the purchase but unfortunately the seller of our new house found another buyer and decided to reject our offer. Throughout the month of November we ended up viewing 3 more prospective properties in Smyrna that we liked and placed offers on all 3 of them none of which were accepted. Luckily we found a beautiful home in Mableton that we loved in a fantastic neighborhood.